I use Name.com for all of my domain name needs and I do so for good reasons.
- They have never locked me out of my account for “my security” and required me to call in and jump through hoops to get my account unlocked. GoDaddy.com has that annoying feature and it just so happened to have been enabled twice, as some of my domains were expiring. I have heard of GoDaddy.com doing this so they can get expiring premium domains so they can sell them as premium domains.
- They are not overpriced like most registrars, like Enom.com.
- They the use NameSafe VIP (VeriSign Identity Protection) system for added security. This requires you to enter in a randomly generated passcode that is only on the key fob or the VeriSign app for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and other phones with your username and password to gain entry. For a hacker to gain access to your account, he would need your username, password AND your key fob or phone for the passcode. The key fob changes its random passcode every 60 seconds for added security.
- They have an easy to use domain management system with extra tools for managing your dns. Much better than the other dns tools I have used at the other registrars.
- They list all their expired domains, expiring soon domains and premium domains for free, right from the main home page.
- The have domain creation tools to help you use keywords to come up with available domain names. This is a VERY useful tool that I have used many a time in the past.
One of the other reasons I use Name.com is because they are so cool to talk to and deal with. Their office is modern and they have a laid back environment for their employees, which make them happier when they are dealing with their customers.
My only negative mark against Name.com is that they used to offer free private whois service when you purchased a domain. They have stopped doing this and costs extra now. If you are reading Name.com, please bring this back! Please!
Bonus Points for Name.com : I contacted them a few months back about signing up as an affiliate to resell domain names through them. They reviewed my account no doubt and either seen how much money I had spent with them or maybe how loyal I am to them and to my very surprise, I received a package from them full of Name.com swag!
I love my Name.com swag, but my favorite piece has to be the Name.com Pint Glass!!! It is so thick and solid. No expense was spared on these pint glasses I am sure. I wear the t-shirt and hat as well and my daughter has her school ID hanging from her neck from the Name.com lanyard! That’s right! I am advertising Name.com to my daughters teachers and school friends as well!
I would like to thank Lesley and Robert for hooking me up with the swag bag and for being great employees to the Name.com family.